1/23/2012

An Apology and A New Future

Dear Readers:

I would like to sincerely apologize to you for my recent blogging hiatus. Although it has been a while since I last wrote an entry, I have not forgotten my readers. Instead, I have actually been trying to brainstorm ways to take expand my interests and make my blog more relevant. I started In The In Crowd back in 2009, because I was passionate in my belief that social media was not just a fad, it was ‘the here and the now’. In my tagline, I even mention how my blog was to help readers understand new trends.

Fast forward to January 2012. Online communications often referred to now as digital communications (the fancy way of saying it), is recognized by most companies as an essential piece of their marketing strategy. The problem these days isn’t necessarily to convince people to have an online presence, the conversation has now transitioned into - how do we quantify or measure our investments/successes in this medium?

Back to my blog. While I do recognize those quantifiable conversations are extremely important to a business, it’s not exactly the direction I wanted to take my blog. As I redefined what my thoughts meant for In The In Crowd, I fell off the map and for that, I am truly sorry.

Good news though – I’m BACK! Since my last post, I signed up for a part-time Web Design and Development diploma program at the Art Institute of DC. I am currently enrolled in Typography and the Fundamentals of Interactive Design. This program is insanely perfect for me and I can’t wait to share all kinds of interesting facts that I am learning in class with you. I am also very excited to eventually redesign this blog to have a much fresher look (through my new html and css skills). Lastly, I plan to post more funny videos, interesting samples of other web sites/marketing campaigns and insights on digital communications from a web design and development perspective.

I hope you all enjoy!

Cheers,

eb

No comments: